BUILDING AND FIRE CODE CONSULTING
In the provision of Building and Fire Code Consulting and Fire Protection Engineering services, CFT Engineering maintains a number of primary objectives:
- Minimize the impact of Code requirements on design goals of the owner and the architect.
- Develop an Approach to Building Code Compliance Report based on the needs of the project, applicable Codes and sound Fire Protection Engineering principles.
- Work with the project team to communicate how life and fire safety considerations affect building and design use.
- Explore wherever possible, alternative or “equivalent” solutions to Building Code compliance in order to achieve cost efficiencies or to meet the design and functional objectives of the project
- With respect to alternative solution issues, identifying the most cost effective method of applying the intent of the Building Code which meets the design goals of the project.
- Discuss approval of design concepts with Building and Fire Officials.